Offroad/Offline Navigation App with worldwide topographic maps (mainly Russian General Staff). For many countries in Africa and Asia these maps still belong to the best available topomaps.
Available map layers:
• Topomaps worldwide (100K-200K worldwide seamless coverage)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• ROSREESTR The Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik, Osmarender and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Bing Maps
• Hillshading Overlay Layer
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for Outdoor-Navigation:
• Bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (not for Google maps)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and navigate Routes
• Track Recording (with speed and elevation profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Waypoint-/Track-Sharing (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• Import Oziexplorer raster map in with OZF2 OZFX3 extension
• Import OpenStreetMaps in vector format (less storage needed)
• and many more ...
Soviet Military Maps is the perfect moving map app for offroad trips, adventure travels and expeditions. You are planning cross country trips to Sahara desert or a trekking tour to the Himalayas ? With the Russian topos you have always a great alternative to other map sources. Beneath the good topography the maps include many small trails and unpaved roads that are missing in other map sets.
The Russian maps have additional English labels.
Attention: The Soviet Military Maps were created mainly in the 80ies and are less interesting for industrialized countries. Outside Africa and Asia you'll find the OSM / Google map layers more useful.
Please note: This app does not provide direct "Turn-by-Turn" navigation - but with a selected waypoint you can easily switch to Google Navigation.
Please contact us if you have any questions, feature requests or bug reports regarding this app: [email protected]
Scale 1:100.000 :
Europe, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Mongolia, Pakistan, Russia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Belarus
Scale 1:200.000 :
Afghanistan, Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, DR Congo (part), Djibouti, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Finland, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya (part), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia , Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka , Sudan, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania (part), Thailand, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Scale 1:250.000 (Local maps from USGS, Geoscience Australia, CTIO ):
USA, Canada, Australia
All other countries
• Bottom sheets for Markers, Waypoints & Search results
• Search suggestions while you type
• New Wizard to add tiled online servers
• Improvements & Fixes