Bike Citizens - the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas + surroundings! Real-time route calculation and bike GPS navigator prioritising bike friendly ways. The bike navigator gives precise audio notifications and works without an active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Cycle maps available for more than 500 cities worldwide and 350 regions all over Europe, U.S.A., Central America and Australia / New Zealand. Winner of the Eurobike Award 2015.
CURRENT FEATURES OF THE BIKE CITIZENS CYCLING APP:
• Cycle maps are bicycle optimised
• Tracking, visualisation and statistics of your tracks with the bike tracker
• Cycle route planner calculates the best route from every location to every address
• Bike Navigator prioritises cycleways, cycle paths and living streets
• Precise audio notifications during your ride
• Bike GPS recalculates route when you leave current route
• Offline cycle maps: no roaming costs in foreign countries!
• Insider cycling tours through the city, created by local cycling couriers
• Categorised lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours in the cycle route planner
• Local and international cycling campaigns, challenges and games, like Bike to Work, Bike Benefit or PING if you care
AVAILABLE CITIES AND REGIONS:
More than 800 city and region maps are available in the cycling app (all European capitals like Vienna, Berlin, Paris, London). For all European countries, the U.S., Central America as well as for Australia incl. New Zealand, all federal states / regions are available.
CURRENT CYCLING CAMPAIGNS / GAMES:
- Hannover "Bike Benefit"
- Bike to Work Bonn "JOBWÄRTS"
- Schleswig-Holstein "Rad(t)schlag"
Maps which aren't already for free in our cycling app can be unlocked by:
• "Cycle to Free": When installing a new map, chose the option "Cycle to Free". All you have to do is cycle 25 km within 30 days and track your routes, no matter, if you live in London, Liverpool, New York, Berlin or somewhere else in the world.
• Voucher code
• In-app purchase of one bike map: 4,99€
• Bike Citizens Flatrate: Navigator and cycle route planner for all available maps for only 14,95€
• Free maps (sponsored): Bremen/Bremerhaven, Region Hannover - incl. Bike Benefit Hannover campaign, Essen, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, München Stadt und Land, Bonn/Rhein-Sieg incl Bike to Work, Mainz, Schleswig-Holstein incl. campaign Rad(t)schlag, Osnabrück, Linz and Weiz (AT)
• Eurobike Award 2015
• VCÖ mobility award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
• ISPO Bike 2013 – Brand New Award
WHAT MAPS ARE USED FOR THE BIKE NAVIGATOR?
The Bike Citizens cycling app (former BikeCityGuide) is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
As the perfect gadget to go with the app - no matter if you use navigation or only the bike tracker -we have developed our own smartphone mount. With FINN, you can mount any smartphone to any bike. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
We love to hear your feedback on our bike navigator, cycle route planner, bike tracker, campaigns and challenges... If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to [email protected]
Cycling in the city is fun – convince yourself!
This time we have only improved a few small things in our app and fixed a few bugs. But we don't want to miss the opportunity and wish you wonderful holidays. See you in the new year, with a surprise in store :-)
Stay healthy and enjoy your winter rides!
Your Bike Citizens