If you are feeling sad, anxious, or depressed, lift your mood with MoodTools
! MoodTools is designed to help you combat depression and alleviate your negative moods, aiding you on your road to recovery.
MoodTools contains several different research-supported tools. They include: Thought Diary
- Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative / distorted thinking patterns based on principles from Cognitive Therapy Activities
- Regain your energy by performing energizing activities and tracking your mood before and after, based on Behavioral Activation TherapySafety Plan
- Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and utilize emergency resources during a suicidal crisisInformation
- Read information, a detailed self-help guide, and find help with internet resourcesTest
- Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire to track your symptom severityVideo
- Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks
MoodTools was designed in collaboration with multiple mental health professionals. MoodTools is free, contains no advertisements, and is a purely non-profit venture aimed at helping people suffering from clinical depression. Thank you for supporting our efforts with your positive ratings and reviews. Please send any requests, questions, or feedback via email to [email protected]
and we will be sure to respond to each one. Disclaimer
: This mental health application is not intended to be a replacement for treatment nor any sort of medical intervention. Treatment is, by far, the best way to overcome clinical depression or other mental illnesses. Therapy and antidepressants have been shown to effectively treat clinical depression and anxiety. This application will only aid you on your path to recovery from depression or anxiety. In addition, if you are not in treatment, talk to your doctor or therapist or use this app to find resources that can connect you to treatment.
While MoodTools is designed as a self-help mental health application to help people suffering from clinical depression, it can also assist people without mental illness or people suffering from other mental disorders / mental illnesses such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, seasonal affective disorder, dysthymia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, or schizophrenia.
This update contains minor improvements.